Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Media Literacy

I feel like my language arts education was not nearly as up to date with media literacy as the articles suggested. We maybe watched a few videos as rewards for finishing a book or a play, and we never talked about media as a whole. I only remember creating one video for class and I believe that was an extra credit assignment or a independant study project. I think that I definitely could have bennefitted from a more extenseive media education.

Considering my unit plan is dealing with media literacy, there are so many possibilities that I have to use in my planning. Like I stated in my last blog, the students could use video to create a PSA. I think that maybe creating a coupel ads based on what they know about advertising could be beneficial in educating them on the basics of advertising tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment