Sunday, February 6, 2011

Important Guidelines

After reading through multiple rules written by multiple bloggers, I've chosen a few that I feel should be followed by everyone:
  1. As stated in Blog and Wiki Etiquette: "Thou shall stick to the subject at hand." I know I mentioned this in my first entry. Don't get caught up in tangents and personal subjects. Stay on task and stay focussed. This could also help to keep the entries shorter.
  2. In the AHS Blogging Policy article, it states that "The use of blogs is considered an extension of your classroom." I thought this rule was good at summing up a lot of the other ones. It implies that anything NOT appropriate in a classroom is also not appropriate on your blog. Inappropriate language, topics, comments, etc. are all a no go. Also, it encourages propper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
  3. This one is very important and was repeated in many blogs: don't share personal information. We all know that, even though a blog may be created for a certain audience, anyone can access it. Putting up personal details could be dangerous.

Overall, the guidelines seem pretty straightfoward and easy to follow. They will make it easy for anyone to have a successful blog.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all of the rules you highlighted but I especially like number 2 because it just makes a lot of sense. A lot of people don't take what they say to others on the internet very seriously, but everyone should take a step back and make sure it's something that would be appropriate.

    ReplyDelete